Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neuropathy in my right foot

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Chronic Pain
OMG. Today I had some partial numbness in my right foot but as the day progressed it turned into terrible pain on the bottom of my foot *the top of my foot stayed numb*. I tried using Absobine Jr and then a heat wrap, followed by a cold wrap and finally my husband tried to massage it, but it hurt too much to have it touched.

As much pain as I have around the clock I can not afford to have this on top of it. I do not want to go back on Topomax (or any other nerve meds).

I am going to hook my Tens up to my leg & foot and see if it will stop. Tomorrow I have a huge day. I need to get some rest!

Any thoughts?

• I know this may sound crazy, but have you tried doing some stretches? I used to regularly get pain down into my foot that would wake me up. So I would get up, walk around the house, get a drink of water, do some light stretches and go back to bed.

• Hi Julie,

I also get awful pain over the top of my feet, generally the right foot. I especially seem to get this at night, and often it is followed by severe cramp. This often makes my toes stiffen into very strange and abnormal positions, sometimes one toe crossing over another. The instep of my foot also goes very stiff with cramp.

I sit up and try to rub my foot to get rid of it, but usually the only thing that helps is to get up and walk around. That does usually help.

I hope that you find a way to ease your pain.

• Thanks for the tips. I am sure it was nerve pain I could feel it run from my butt down. The tenderness was torture. It wasn't a cramp- I have had plenty of those in the past. Today most of the pain is gone (not all of it), but I still have loss of feeling/tingling. I did try some stretching, but it didn't help a lot. The tens may have helped. I wrapped it in heat with the tens. It felt pretty good. I will I could do my whole body like that :)

I will keep my eyes peeled for the V3 circulation booster.

• I hope this new numbness and tingling isn`t anything lasting but you need to let your Dr. know about this and get an assessment and possible MRI If your Dr. orders it because of your spinal issues.

I`m going for an MRI due to numbness in my good leg now to check out my lumbar spinal issues. Check the Dermatone map to where the symptoms are. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks Charry. I just had a new t & c mri a couple weeks ago. I will discuss with my ns on Thursday for sure. The pain is gone for now :)

• tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
This discussion has been closed.