Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post op question and work

bettencourt61bbettencourt61 Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

My name is Ellen. I am recovering from a cervical discecetomy fusion on C4 and C5. The first week of recovery was very difficult. I had quite a bit of pain at the surgical site but was relieved of the numbness and pain in my Arm right away.the concerns I have are more about returning to work and therapy. I have not been told by my surgeon yet weather I will be having therapy. I work 40 hours a week as an aid in the radiology department. I do lift patients and push stretchers some of the patients being more than 200 pounds. I have to say I am scared to return I am going to see the doctor this week for my 4 week visit. At the two week visit I was told that I still had some weakness in my arm and was given some excercises to doI still get neck and shoulder pain is this normal. I have three questions

1 will therapy be painfull

2 is pain after 4 weeks normal

3 is heavy lifting ok after 8 weeks