Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so confused pain is worse

nurselynnaiennurselynnaie Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Chronic Pain
hi everyone I haven't been on in a couple weeks, my pain has been alot worse lately. I can't sit long on the pc. I wanna get some advice from all of you. I finally went to the pain clinic on Monday and they do this complete evaluation, you know all my reflexes and everything. Now, reminder that I have been on comp since May, have been in pain since May, first MRI showed nothing then I was told it was a pinched nerve then after the myleogram told my screws were loose and there is no bone growth around the cages in the disc spaces. I have saw a total of five different doctors, anyway ... This Dr at the pain clinic says oh I can get rid of your pain you have a bulging disc at L3 and L4 we will give you injections that will help with the pain... Are you kidding me????? I have seen five doctors been in pain since May and just now someone is telling me this, lol right I am in aww then I am thinking you stupid doctor I have no disc between L3 and L4 it was removed as stated in my post operative report .. then he says we need a MRI of your cervical spine you are showing radicuopathy in your reflexes r u kidding me like I don't have enough wrong with me I have no pain in my neck... I am so confused and at my wits end I can not deal with it anymore I wanna crawl under a rock .. but unfortunately my husband and kids would follow me so that's not a option. Still waiting for the bone growth stimulator which is still not even requested no matter how many times I call, and honestly I am too far post op its not gonna work, I do have a second opinion set up for the tenth of Oct in Buffalo instead of Rochester .. I just don't know what to do
Sorry for venting.

• I am so sorry that this is happening to you. It is not fare that you have had so much and now you are looking at more. Many of us "good people" don't deserve this. In fact I wouldn't want this for my worst enemy.

You are right it is BS. You know not all PM doctors are cut from the same cloth. If you think he's not the one, don't settle.

I hope that you have an attorney (maybe it times to get angry)?

Hang in there & feel better,

• Thank you so much for understanding me and relating...
  • You have every right to vent. Wow, doctor went and did all these evaluations on you, and obviously didn't read the post op report, and assumed you have a bulging disc :O

Julie is right. Not all doctor's are like that (thankfully) Hope that your appointment in October is 100% better.

Are your restrictions still complete rest? Are you able to go for walks? Sorry that you are having increased pain the past few weeks.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • get rid of the pain {it may do something short term} again like i told julie on her post ..i would get another opinion ..just because these so called pain doctors are doctors doesn't mean they know everything .in fact many know very little .i came across such an idiot a few years ago.and i know the difference between a good consultant and a bad one .i had a fantastic kind pain consultant anaesthetist for ten year .and she tried everything to help me .but then after ten years she was out of ideas and i was referred to another clinic and was treated like a muppet by a muppet !! i walked out and never went back as i was treated like 541T !! {that person is now not a doctor he was struck off for professional misconduct!!} .so you can't believe what you see and here from some of these comedians ,,.be careful and make an informed decision befor you agree to anything
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Restrictions remain the same urrr.. I did find a self propelled tred mill and I will get on it for five min at a time ..just walk at a slow pace, seems to not bother me much. October seems so far away. I am being such a baby, but the pain doctor of course wouldn't give me anything yet have to have the drug screen then follow up blah blah, just keep taking the Loratab and if they aren't helping your pain stop taking them... lol they help a little but no where near where I need even if I take two, so he tells me well you can take twelve a day. ummmm ok..
    Thanks for all your support
  • I am definitely not agreeing to the injections in the disc that is no longer there. It is crazy that many of these doctors can still treat .. I have seen a total of five all affiliates with one another and lol not one had the same thing to say. I can't wait to go to the second opinion and she what they have to say I am in no hurry to make a jumpy decision , I am in a hurry to get rid of the pain tho... trying to lose weight I hope that helps since I have put on 30 pounds since I have been out of work and with the restrictions.
    Thanks for all the support guys it really does help
  • Honestly, all I can do is laugh right now because I might have a break down...
    I was approved for the injections the pain clinic called today and said..wow that was a three day wait and it has been over a month still no bone growth stimulator. Anyway, I asked what levels and where my bulging disc was cuz I wanted to double check ( I feel like a PI) they said L4 and L5 left sided disc bulge. hmmm I was wrong about the level but it was still a level they took the disc out of then I thought let me call this surgeon I saw last. The NP called me back fairly fast surprisingly and I told her about the injections then said I do not believe I have a disc there, she says umm no you don't you have hardware and it is your hardware compressing your spinal canal ... hmm so the purpose of a bone growth stimulator is to what grow bone so the hardware remains out of alignment or give me injections why to help with the inflammation in the nerves that will continually be irritated because the hardware is titanium and not gonna really go too far. or decrease in size to stop irritating the nerves. She said well it will help maybe with the pain while we take the steps we need to take.
    Bottom line is I need to have the fusion redone and they just keep playing these games .. I can not wait for the second opinion I just can't wait getting discouraged and very negative at this point.
    Thanks for listening to me whine :)
  • Is it possible that the PM doctor mis-spoke (very stupid) and could have meant hardware block? That would make sense- but if you know your hardware isn't stable then it sounds like it may need to be fixed surgically. Maybe a hardware block will give you a few weeks of relief?

Try not to kill anyone :) just yet...

• WOW! and not a good wow :(

Thank God you know enough to do some checking on your end - think of people (like me lol) who don't know much and may have just let them do their thing :clown:

I wish someone would help you with your pain until you see new Dr in Oct.......sigh

Please keep posting here and keep us updated, even just venting. Over 1/2 my posts (It seems ) are vents ;)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Julie I to thought he misspoke when his NP told me I had the disc bulging and I asked her if she was sure and told her that I did not think I had a disc there and she said well they don't necessarily take them out. I said well I am sure they took mine out and she proceeded to show me the bulge it was very visible, so I figured maybe I was wrong and even asked the doctor if he was sure and had the whole conversation over with him when he came in. They both said no it is a bulging disc compressing your nerves. The longer I thought about it the more I knew I had better call the surgeon to make sure I was not crazy. It might help can't hurt to try so I am going to have the injections next week.So we shall see, thanks Humpty for all your support .... I will absolutely keep updates coming as this is one thing that keeps me sane :)
This discussion has been closed.