Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

strange new pain

chattiecchattie Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Chronic Pain
I was doing well pain wise but all of a sudden I have a intense pain on my right side by the top of my shoulder blade, I didn't do anything to bring it on. I can't turn my head to either side and it feels like something is ripping or stabbing me! Any suggestions?

• Strange. Do you think that perhaps your facet joints in your neck are stuck? Mine used to do that a lot before my ACDF due to all of the bone spurs.

Can you ice/heat the area?

Feel better,
  • I think that is a real possibility, the pain is really intense and is stirring up a horrible headache,

I have heated the area not much difference
  • I think my PT gal told me to slowly bend my chin down and very slowly turn my head right/then left to unlock it.

Go to the ER of you think it is serious. Otherwise call your doctor and leave word with his nurse/asst on Monday.

• Hey Chattie.

Do you think you're having muscle spasms? Do you have muscle relaxants? I've been told that ice is better for spasms than heat as the ice freezes the muscles and gives them time to relax as they warm up whereas heat just spreads the problem.

I don't know this for a fact, just told this by a NP who is also a holistic person.

I hope you start feeling better and as always, if it gets too bad, talk to a doctor about the problem.

Take care,
This discussion has been closed.