Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

different drugs new concerns..

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in New Member Introductions
...Hello again fellow SH friends..just returned from my GP app. friday with some new concerns..Still awaiting my app. with neuro surgeon but in the meantime they want to start me on some different drugs for my nerve pain..drugs im currently on do nothing for the pain in my butt or the pain that continues to run down my right leg...so just wondering if anyone else has been tried on lyrica and Gabapentin..slightly concerned abt going on these drugs they seem to have alot of not so nice side effects but i guess they all do...if anyone takes these drugs wondering if they help with the nerve pain at all..i have a week to decide if i want to try them.
Thanks Brenda

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I take Gabapentin 3x a day. Without it I have the pain in the butt and down the leg. If I take a prescribed I rarely get the pain. It has allowed me to work and live somewhat a normal life. There are some not so good side effects but I prefer not to have the pain so I take as prescribed. For me I have gained about 30lbs from the meds. Im sure others will tell you the same. Weight gains seems to be the biggest complaint that I have seen. Good luck and hopefully it will take your pain away.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I tried Lyrica, but throat swelled with difficulty swallowing...so, that's a no for me :)
    And the nuerotin..I gave it the good ole college try..even with the weight gain :(
    But doesn't seem to have noticable benefit for me, so I will talk to doc about stopping it.

Everyone so different, though, so good luck to you with whatever you try. It's so trial and...try again!

Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History