Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie - PLF with Instrumentaion

Stav_98SStav_98 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all,

I'm a 33 yo male doing his research as I'm scheduled to have. L5S1 fusion in November. I think it's fair to say that like most I'm pretty worried. I have a clotting disorder (had DVT and PE so now a warfarin lifer), another thing to be factored in.

I suffer back discomfort as opposed to horrific pain but I have noticed things are getting worse since having a cortisone injection earlier in the year. My symptoms are loss of movement in my left leg (upward movement of the foot), hip pain and left leg numbness after being on my feet for any period of time. I've also noticed things crunching back there also in recent months. I've kind of figured get the operation out the way whilst things are still good.

I'm a little over weight so am currently swimming 2-4 times week along with a few trips to the gym as a little preparation; I gave up smoking in August also.

My main worry is returning to work as I commute 45 - 90 mins depending on traffic. I think I need to discuss Otho toons with work s I'm not too sir how long they'll support me for.

Any ways....that's a little about me!

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck on your upcoming sugery.. now is the time to ask questions and become prepared for your recovery time!! be sure and check out the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for more of the input you will be looking for!! be sure and stop by the forum during your recovery! it can make a long day go by alot faster... please be sure to follow the doctor's orders to the letter!! it is the best way to ensure a fantastic recovery!your commute is something you are going to have to consider.. your doctor will let you know when you can get back to sitting for long periods of time.. these are good questions to ask before your surgery so you will know where adjustments have to be made!! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Wow..You have a lot to navigate through. Much of what you are going through...I have no experience with...but I do know pain...and for that you are in the right place!

This site has many people and hopefully someone will be able to more relate and share their situation.

This site has a pretty good "search" area for your interests. It may lead you to current or past posts and also, there are very good articles and videos for...hopefully something that will benefit you.

Take care..and let us know how you are doing! :)
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History