Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone in Missouri or Kansas??

Michelle_MaeMMichelle_Mae Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:56 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Just looking for someone around this area who has had back surgery and would be willing to pass on the surgeon info. I have seen 2 this week, and definitely feel the need to seek additional opinions. I have called numerous places, and they either don't except my insurance, or don't deal with the area needed.

I am 25 year's old and have numerous health problems, but the issue at hand has been diagnosed as L-4 L-5 and L-5 S1 severe buldged discs and severe central canal spinal stenosis. I have been seeing a chiropractor 2x a week since April without much luck. I go in for another MRI tomorrow of my bottom. There is a new area higher up bothering me now also which has been going on for approx 3 weeks.

I saw a surgeon's nurse practioner Monday. She wasn't interested in addressing any of my concerns, just wanted to give me answers (whether right or wrong) that would satisfy me and shove me out the door after scheduling me for surgery. Call me crazy, but I don't feel comfortable having surgery without even meeting the surgeon until POSTop. It was like a driveup service. I was told if he saw everyone they would be there until 9pm or later. Well here's a thought, stop overscheduling. You would have thought I was going in for a dental cleaning, not back surgery. Needless to say I will be canceling the surgery date. Very disappointing because this surgeon had very good reviews.

Yesterday I met with another nurse practioner. Again a huge joke. She said that because it's not both legs and I haven't lost bladder control, no need to operate. She said I could either be put on prednisone or epidural shots again, so referred me onto pain management. I have done the epidural shots 2-3 years ago (pain wasn't nearrrly as bad as it is now-was only considered mildly buldged discs at the time) and got no relief, just 25lbs gained back that I had lost. Luckily I have been able to lose approx. 65lbs since then though, so not crazy about the idea of being back on any type of steroid. Don't get me wrong this pain is absolutely excruciating, and effecting my quality of life in major ways, so I would be willing to give almost anything a shot. I just don't see that helping or solving anything.

Any input or experiences (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
advertisement

Comments