Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Inconsistent numbness in left leg

Existence19EExistence19 Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am 9 weeks post microdiscectomy at l4-5 and l5-s1. I'm 19 years old and had back problems since 2 years.
I had no pain anywhere the time I woke up after surgery. My left foot numbness also went away after 6 weeks. My problem is inconsistent numbness I have in left leg. Sometimes it goes and sometimes it stays. I don't really know what causes it to go and then come back. I have numbness more around and behind my left knee. I exercise daily and take lyrica at night.

Any suggestions or comments? Any thing I could do to get rid of it quickly.

• hi
    i have had ALIF & PLIF still in hospital after 29 days have problem with left leg too.. Also numbness in groin thigh, outer calf and foot ..and intermittent shooting pains.. Have been told this is due to swelling of ner e in the operation site, due to the fact that I cannot take anti inflammatories They have prescribed Oxycontin Oxynorm paracetemol, Pregabalin, Diazepam. Yesterday I had a spinal nerve block into L5 - S1 excruciating and so far has not work with the pain. So far my left leg is weaker and I walk short distances as amuck as I can I have had daily hydrotherapy since last week and have more booked for next week.. have had enough...but have been told the process is slow and to be patient... I hope your leg gets better . Puszek.. O:) 8} >:D<