Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

prodisc c

dale fddale f Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi, i have just found this site and am very interested if other people have had indifferent results from surgery regarding prodisc c implant. i have symptoms that dont seem normal i believe, i have continual neck aches at the surgery site c6-c7 even though the doctors say the operation was a success in early 2009. i currently suffer with pain, popping and juttery sensations, head aches every day with out fail, shoulder and arm aches which radiate to the elbow and in to the hand/fingers etc. i have weakness in my hand/arm to the extent i drop alot of things with out realising i am doing it. i have spasms thru the shoulder/arm at times that leave brusing from the tightness i experiance.
i sence a buzzing sensation with little head rotation of just 1-3 degrees of movement.
i do not sleep as i have problems with laying down, i sleep in a recliner which is at about 70 deg.
there is so much more i could write but ill leave it for now

keen to see if im the only one. Dale

• I'm a 36 old overall active and healthy male, I had a ProDisc C implanted at the C6-C7 a week ago. I must say the best decision of my life so far! 10 years ago I was in a car accident, dealing with occassional "discomfort" in the C6 region. 5 months ago I noticed weakness and numbness staring at the back of the neck, radiating to my left arm and hand. I had sharp pain in my triceps and forearm, and I had constant tingling and burning thoughout the entire arm. I had a neurosurgeon in Dallas perform my surgery, he was amazing. After staying one night over night at the hospital, I was released and just over a week later I'm back at work. I didn't even require a neck brace like some people say. Other than slight soreness in my upper back and minor discomfort swallowing (since the implant was done through the neck and had to move the esophagus and trachae), I feel 1000% better!!! I highly recommend the surgery for anyone who is suffering from the same issue.
  • the plot thickens, i was not happy with what has been going on, so i insisted to see one of the doctors that operated and put in the prodisc. he arranged for a nuclear bone scan and it has shown that the prodisc in now fused with bone growth over the anterior side of the spine. i dont know if this is going to be a problem as i cant get back in to see the surgeon untill feb next year. has anyone else had a simular experiance to this.

cheer Dale