Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctors predicting the onset of DDD

jamiestarrjjamiestarr Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
I had an RTA in September 2008. Since then I have had chronic back pain that runs through my legs mainly the right leg. Prior to the accident, I had no pre existing ailments. I have been bed ridden now for almost 3 years and only had an MRI done 9 months after the accident. A doctor diagnosed me using only a report from another doctor who saw me before any x-rays had been done of me. I never met this doctor but he has said that my condition was not caused by the accident but by ageing and had it not been for the accident, I would have been this way by September 2013.

My question to you is, is this doctor correct in what he has said and is there any validity in his diagnosis.

• Sorry to hear about the accident. Why are you bedridden? Did you get a spinal cord injury or paralysis?

I would get a second opinion from another Spine Orthosurgeon or Neurosurgeon as we're spine patients and not professionals.

I have DDD also but this is from my back injury I had a herniated disc and facet joint arthropy and it turned into DDD after the trauma. DDD can cause pain in some people with nerve root compression. It's not just caused by aging but from trauma. I hope you can see another Dr. and get some treatment. Have you ever had any Physiotherapy or injections? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. please have a look around the different forums and make yourself at home. i am sorry you were in an accident and found yourself bedridden.. i am fortunate in that i must only spend parts of the day laying down and resting my back.. i have severe sciatica and DDD as well.. i have been ill for many years though. it would serve you well to see a doctor and get a workup done.. there are so many treatments out now which may be of help to you. good luck to you if you decide to seek futher treatment.. stop by the forum anytime! there is always a spiney around. Jenny :)
  • バーバリー サングラス」は、1856年創業の、イギリスを代表するファッションブランド。
    創業者であるトーマス・バーバリー(Thomas Burberry)は、1835年イギリス・サリー州ブロッカムグリーンで誕生しました。 1924年有名な" バーバリー バッグ・チェック"が誕生。コートの裏地としてデザインされたのが起源で、いつの時代にも定番の柄として愛されています。人気の一流ブランド特集の第6弾は、 「バーバリー」のバッグ・財布などいろいろ御紹介します! バーバリー ベルト ( Burberry)は、 バーバリー マフラーブラックレーベル1856年にロンドンのベイジングストークにてトーマス・ バーバリー 財布が開業した洋服店で生まれたファッションブランドです。 バーバリー コートはジョージ五世からコート・ジャケット部門のロイヤルワラントを受け、コーチ バッグ英国王室で愛され続けることになります。 バーバリー英国王室から授与されたものです バーバリー コート.