Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

More testing - might change the surgery

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:57 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I have been layig low for a few days. I was actually feeling just a little better :P (I was hopig it would last loger tha it did though). Today has proved to be challenging. I moved several small 10# box's and have been in excruiating pain since. I still got out for some fun with my friends but it was hard. I was hurting and it is getting cold here in Alaska. The snow will be here in another couple weeks.

I am laying in bed watchig the new Dexter episode, ice packs, heating pad and microwave bed buddy for my neck. My bulldog Lasher is on my bed (his favorite place since his retirement 1 year ago). He lays his huge head on my lap ad suggles me. He helps me forget that my ribs have been hurting so bad. Nerve pain so you know the meds wont touch it. My left thigh is o fire as well.

I have noticed all day thay both of my legs are pretty weak/shaking feeling. This has been ongoing for weeks. Even though I have been sleeping better, I have been waking up sore and I have needed to take the breakthrough meds even at night (may be why I am sleeping better :( ).

This afternoon I recieved a call from my NS's nurse. He was looking over my notes & new mri from the last visit and has decided that I need to have a new CT meylogram. This time from right above my lumbar fusion at L3-T1.... I almost laughed at that. I said I don't know who I don't owe so much money to that will allow me to come for more treatmet/tests... I have never had so many unpaid bills. I am sure it will get handled soon.Crossing my fingers that this attorney works out for me.

I was supposed to go in for a new ESI but my PM's financial office called me and said I need to pay 30% -$660. of my bill (almost $25,000) or have the attorney get the paperwork/liens filed....

That os my update.

Peace to my peeps :)

Julie

advertisement

Comments

• Julie,

I think doctors understand that patients need help, and when your in so much pain, it is hard to work and make the money to pay the bills. I think they just want us to acknowledge the bill and do what we can to pay the bill. Even if that means paying a few dollars here and there, as long as it is consistent. Hopefully soon you will find some relief that will be longer lasting.

Now I know exactly what you mean by lifting those #10 boxes even those can be challenging. Do what you can, just try to use proper body mechanics as you don't want to mess up the other surgery you have had done. Maybe this ESI will give more relief than you have been getting? While it won't cure your issues, sometimes a little relief to break the pain cycle is well worth it. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Julie,
    I'm not the greatest fan of our National health set up in the UK, but at least we don't have to face up to those eye watering bills when we get sick.

The problem is we don't get much say regarding our treatment and sometimes have stupidly long waits for tests and scans etc.

I guess there is no perfect system and whether you are up against insurance companies or red tape you have to be determined and persistent to get what you want.

Mick

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • I know you guys are lucky for that, but then you have to wait forever. There is good and bad for all of us.

I usually don't pay a dime for aything... This is a too much insurance and no one wants to pay thing problem.

Crossing my fingers about the attorney visit tomorrow. I so want to answer my phone when they call and say "this is being handled by my attorney" you are no longer allowed to harrass me....

Car accidents are a night mare ~X(

Julie