Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does everyone feel the same way I do?

Existence19EExistence19 Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi everyone.
I am 19 years old and had microD l4-5 and l5-s1 12 weeks back. I have no pain now. I just have like 10% numbness in left leg which comes and goes. I think I'm doing well it's just my left leg still feels weird. It's not like what it uses to be.
Does everyone feel that their left leg feels weirs or different.

Does any one know how much more time will I take to actually recover? I thought that 12 weeks would be good eniugh time but it isn't.

Any suggestions or comments??

• Hi Existence19... I am now 1 week today past surgery and I feel pretty good. I have no leg pain but a little stabbing in my right butt after having L5-S1 Discectomy. I have tried to be active but tire pretty quickly! I have little numbness anywhere! Mostly the pain is around the surgery area... I mentally struggle with the required recovery time I have been told of 4-6 weeks... but I know it's a must! I hope the weirdness disappears soon. What activity have you been doing since coming out of surgery? Have you overdone it or underdone it? What is your Physio saying about your symptoms?
  • Hope you recover soon. I think till about 4 weeks you will feel the same.

My recovery according to the physio has been excellent. I had no pain as soon as I woke up after surgery. I had a lot of numbness which has come down a large extent but it still troubles me. I have phases when I have absolutely no numbness and times when I have 30-40% of what I had before. I still don't know the cause for it.

I am a programmer so sometimes I sit fir 3 hours continuously without realizing which troubles me but I feel better after resting overnight.

I do everything except lifting more than 10 lbs and forward bending. I exersize twice daily. I take paracetamol and lyrica twice a day. My surgeon has also told me to avoid driving until 4 months of surgery.

Just waiting to become fully fit. :)

Hope you recover fast. The first 6 weeks are the most important so take care.

Hope you recover soon.