Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck pain

suestewssuestew Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have ddd/djd in my neck. Spent 20 years in the Army, which I am sure was the culprit. It really started bugging me in 2005 after the birth of my son. I was 37. Doctors told me it was just muscular tension, new baby...that kind of thing. It progressively got worse and in 2006 I could not take it anymore. At that time I as retiring from the Army. Enrolled in the VA and was told I had fibromyalgia....they began the whole drug thing on me. I tried a bevy of medications. They took the edge off...but I knew I had something more going on then fibromyalgia. I finally consulted an outside chiropractor who did x-rays and told me about the ddd/djd. This was in 2010. I was pissed at the VA for not dx this when they did x-rays. I started a intense regimen of PT..three times a week. But and now going twice a week. I am so burnt out on the PT. It does help me maintain some relief. I know this condition will not go away. So, the question for me now is this...do I continue with drugs and PT forever? OR, do I consider surgical options? I am pretty healthy, don't drink or smoke. I have a 6 year old son and he is tough to keep up with...I WANT to keep up with him. Going in a couple weeks to talk to a surgeon and see what type of procedures are out there.

• Hi There!

I am glad you are going to see a surgeon. Just because you go doesn't mean you are going to have surgery. Its good to keep an open mind about different treatments. Drugs become ineffective and PT can only do so much. If you do have surgery... get a couple different opinions.

Good luck to you... It saddens me when I see others have neck pain. I hate it!!!!!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg