Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Well geezzzz I was doing so well

puppypalppuppypal Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone
Yes i am back again fudge it to heck!

Recently I had the nerve buring surgery on my lower back because of left issues....Let me tell ya, Fryn them nerves gave me a new lease on life...I felt tons better and got much needed relief from the pain! I even started working out again! YIPPY! You all can never believe how much that helped me mentally and physically also...
Then I was in a fall where I was kind of thrown off a seat flat dab on my bottom
I started having extreme pain on the right...Being that I have had all my pain issues on the left I am totally scared to death.........Coughing brings me to my knees at this point and since I have been told I have a high pain toleratance fear is settn in...
Got yet another MRI and I was hoping you all could help with all the fancy words...I know no-one is a doctor and you all are just giving options blah blah blah but my mind would love to hear them anyway..............
All Options welcome........
PS I am praying doc can burn them right facut nerve things and i can get back to the wonderful land I started to enjoy

L3-4: Mild retrolisthesis with a broad-based disc displacement most pronounced n biforamina; positions, mild facet hypertrophy and associated capsuiosynovitis results in mild bilaterai exiting foraminal stenosis and abutment of bilateral descending L4 nerves.
L4-5: Desiccation of the disc, a central soft disc displacement whicn is smaller in size than on prior examination along with mild facet hypertrophy contribute to no definite compressive arthropathy.
L5-S1: Desiccation of the disc, partial disc height loss, vacuum phenomenon, grade 1 anteroiisthesis, broad-based psejdobulge of listhesis, bilateral spondylolysis and associated facet hypertropny contribute to moderate right and mild to moderate left-sided exiting neural foraminal stenosis with compression of exiting right and abutment of exiting left L5 nerves. There is endplate ostecchondrosis at this level.
1. Worsening degenerative arthrosis at the L5-S1 level with desiccation of the disc, mild
anteroiisthesis, broad-based pseudobulge of listhesis with bilateral spondylolysis contributing to
compression of exiting right and abutment of exiting left L5 nerves.
2. Central disc displacement at the L4-5 is smaller in size than on prior examination,
3. Broad-based disc displacement most pronounced in biforaminal positions at the L3-4 level
contributes to abutment of bilateral descending L4 nerves.

• Falling on my back bumper is my greatest fear.

Dessication; drying or dried out (not good because the discs never rehydrate)

bi; both left and right
    lateral; side
    foramins: the canals in which the nerves reside

facets: they look like ears on the vertebrates. They rub with ears of the adjoining vertebrates above and below

hypertrophy: changes (arthritic)

spondy: abnormal movement of the vertebrate

antero: front of the spine (closest to your belly) as opposed to posterior-the back facing part of the spine

not sure what the other ones are

On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • Thanks that helps some..........
  • retro (backward slippage) :)

• Another big thank you......... ms Julie

I had all the left issues and went through the nerve burning with a huge i mean huge amount of success....I was finally 1/2 back to where I was in 1998
    But then I just had to land on my bottom! LOL
    Now the right stuff has happened....
    Boy! can we say the right stuff is mean! LOL
    I am waiting of course to see pm doctor appointment. They had my results ready today so i got them to fax it to me...My pain management doctor is super...He has helped me through the years so much....
    I dont care for the pain pill zone out and he has understood that, Which I am afraid most dont....
    I just pray he can fix this like he just did the left...We will see