Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hmmm 3 weeks Post-op ALIF L5S1.... LT Cage

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello everyone. :H

I have a question.....can neck pain come from your back? I have been getting horrible neck pain on the left side.....I never had a problem with my neck. :? Just curious........

I had my post-op today. It was pretty neat to see that I have no hardware (screws, metal) in my back. I had the INFUSE Bone graft/LT Cage lumbar tapered fusion device put in. I am just amazed as to how it is in there, and not moving!!!! @) .

I am told that I can drive now, not all over the world, but around town. I have stretches to do (ouch), and to walk. I go back in the beginning of december.

I am having a severe problem with sleeping in my bed.....I have done everything, and I even have a memory foam topper!!!!!!! :''(

Any tips? Anyone else have the same type of fusion?

• Hi!

I don't get neck pain much but I do get awful pain in my upper back - where your hunch would be if you had one.
    I have found that after both surgeries bits of my body hurt that I hadn't expected. Post fusion my abs murdered once I started PT and walking. My upper back pays whenever I do too much.

As for sleeping I only really had problems once I went back to work and the pain got worse. Mine did get better with the mattress topper. In those dark days I took extra pain meds because I found the sleep inducing effects helped. My GP did give me sleeping tabs but I was too scared to take them in case they knocked me about the next day too.

I hope you get relief soon. It is early days yet (you will be sick of hearing that no doubt!).
  • I think I have pulled muscles in my neck, I might have been using my neck more than my back, lol.

Yes, it will get old to hear that I am still just out of the woods :). It is okay though, sometimes I need to hear that!
  • Yes, you probably have been using your neck more or differently. I think we don't realise how having one part of your spine messed with can impact on the rest.

I am only 8 weeks out of my latest surgery so am also getting a bit fed up of hearing how I am early in recovery. Mind you I had such a lot of problems after my PLIF 2 years ago and was told it was early days for a good 18 months!!

I hope you feel better soon. Keep resting and litening to your body - it honestly knows better than your head!