Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

weird leg pain (first time)

Hi, I'm new to this forum and very thankful that there's a forum like this. I have this weird leg pain, and I don't have any medical insurance, so I don't want to go to a doctor unless I have to.

The pain occurs in the outer, upper side of my left thigh (close to the hips). This might be a bad way describe it, but it feels like back pain, but on the leg. Some times it's throbbing, something like what you feel in your head when you got migraine. It hurts when I move it, even when I lift it a little bit or when I walk. I can still use it though.

However, if I rest it for a few hours, or after I wake up from sleep, the pain is completely gone, but after around 10 minutes of walking, it comes back on. It really hurts when I move it after I stand up in one position for a long time, especially if I put my weight on the left leg.

Sorry for the long message,
Please help me if anyone knows what's going on, or know how to cure this.

Thank you,

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    So sorry for your painful experience. You did a good job of explaining your pain..and I think it would be useful to a doctor trying to give you some relief.
    I don't think anyone else could really tell you what is the meaning of your symptoms.

And only you can decide if you think it's worth going to the doctor. But pain is your body telling you something is wrong, and it kind of sounds like your body is screaming at you now.

This is a great site you found here, and maybe some of the articles, and other postings can help give you some insight. The "search" on this site can bring you to some very eye opening information.

However, nothing can take the place of the doctor's expert opinion.
    Wishing you the very best!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi Savage,

THank for your support. Now I have good news and bad news... the bad news is I got a back pain in my upper left back yesterday. it's probably because I had to lift heavy things when my left leg is still in pain, so my body was unbalanced, and that gave me the back pain. It's still hurting now.

Good news is, today my leg pain is completely gone. I don't know what happened, but it's not there anymore. Well I hope it doesn't come back....

• I just read your profile...and that's a long list of issues you have there... I can't imagine having all those. It's amazing that you still have the spirit to help other people!!!!

Hang in there and God bless!!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I appreciate that!...and glad for the good news..
    Stop by anytime..questions or check out info...
    Good luck to you!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History