Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Shouldn't of done that

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Matters of the Heart
How many times have we said that to ourselves AFTER we did what we should not have done!

I dont think there is a person alive that has not understand what that subject line means.

But for us, spinal patients, what does that mean and what have we done, that we shouldn't have??

I will gladly start.

1 - Doing things after surgery that I should not have. Not paying attention to the doctor's orders regarding limitations and restrictions. Once I started to feel ok, I would push the edge and only create situations that did cause more problems.

2 - Not using my medications as prescribed. That would mean not taking the medications as schedule, because I felt ok, or to the opposite end taking more medications because I was in pain.

3 - Mixing medications with alcohol. As some of you know, I am as close to a wine expert as possible. As such, I love different wines. Sometimes mixing wine and medications are not good.

4 - Not keeping up with the exercises that have been approved for me. Once I started to feel better, I would stop the exercises and actions I should do to keep things from happening.

All the above are NOT GOOD THINGS. I know I was wrong, I know I was stupid. Now, so many years later and close to being 61, I have grown up and took more responsibility for my situations. I can not un do what I did in the past that caused problems, but I can only hope to tell everyone, that it is SO VERY IMPORTANT to follow all the things you were told to oo. Do NOT fall into a false sense of security just because you are feeling better.

We are all humans, we make mistakes, we screw up at times, but we are also very capable of learning from our mistakes and making sure they are not repeated.

Its one thing if we are totally alone in this world, have no one, no family, nothing, we are solo.. Then we can do anything we want good or bad. We can improve or self destruct.. Doesnt hurt anyone but ourselves.

BUT, when we have loved ones, family, any decision we make has an impact on them. If we decide to do something that could potentially hurt us, not only can we suffer pain, but we then expose our loved ones to that same pain and put more of a burden on them.

Bottom line.....
We will make mistakes... But please learn from them and make sure we do not repeat them
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com