Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 Months after surgery

LexusLLexus Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Has anyone had pain in the upper chest area after sugery on C6-C7? It's not a constant pain just certain times when I move a certain way it will hurt. I's kind of hard to describe how it feels but it doesn't feel right. Can anyone tell me how it feels when you have a bad reaction to the metal. I don't know why but I have a fear that I will have an allergic reation to the metal. I've had xrays done 3 months after surgery and everything looked good. I have to go back at the 6 months mark in December to have xrays and recheck. I'm wonder if I should call my doctor and let him know about this pain or if this is just a normal healing process.

Thanks in advance for any input

• I haven't had surgery but hope you have contacted your Surgeon. There's someone on call at all times and if it's a new pain I would get it checked out. You don't have a fever do you? I hope you hear from someone who's had surgery but do get it checked out. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You didn't state your age. More likely than not you aren't having a reaction to your metal or anything. Now muscle spasms can cause a tight chest like feeling and can last 6 months or more. Muscle spasms can also last 6 months or more!!!! Yeah, not kidding. They can last that bloody long! Of course I would let your surgeon know what is going on in case it leads him to something else to look at.

I'm fresh on a posterior C4/5/6/7T1//2 right now, and no chest pains, but tons of front and back spasm (though reduced thanks to Skelaxin) which is a muscle relaxer. So far so good except for the rehab part (that was not a good time and out of their league). Make shrue yours doctors know, and hopefully you will feel better soon. Good Luck!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.