Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I went to the P.M.Dr. today

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Chronic Pain
So I go down to the specialty pharmacy down the street from the Dr. to get my regular monthly prescription including a custom made hydrocodone compound. Same stuff for 2 years. Now all of the sudden the work comp insurance won't approve the compound. And the pharmacy won't make it until they have guaranteed approval for payment. And obviously you can't go without your prescription too long befor you suffer withdrawal. And luckily I don't let my prescriptions go down to the last few days.
It's 248 miles round trip to the pharmacy And after it's approved it takes 24 hr. befor it's made up. And 1 or 2 days to ship it to me. I call my case worker and she says she'll approve it over the phone. No good. It's all on a 4 way computer system. And they all have to match up. Before they'll even make it. So I can't just wait there. The next day I call the pharmacy to see if it was made up and shipped. They said it never go approval. So I again call me rep. And the other company that the insurance outsource to and I am pissed! cause the rep is out of the office. And this first script co. don't know why this is not getting approved when they approved it on the computer just like it's supposed to be. So the Pharmacy says they did everything right. as did the first script co. and the insurance co. And 1 other company that's involved in the computer process.
Well the only on who wasn't cocky was this lady from fist script. And she said she would get to the bottom of this
Well it turned out the pharmacy had a new system with a glitch in it that they knew about, and lied about.
So with a stroke of luck I may get the script on Thurs.
Could you imagine what I'd be going through if I wasn't a pill hoarder.
I sure don't deal well with people who can't do their jobs right.
Hell, I don't deal well with anything at all these days!!!
Jim X(
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• Sorry to hear this mess happened and now fortunately fixed too! But like you ended, this is a good case of "hoarding" working.. Hehehe.. A couple of years ago there was an approval problem with the pharmacy with my Percocet, and fortunately I too hoarded a bit, and wasn't pushed into megga ouch land!

Good for you, glad all is now well. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Pilll hoardering not at all a bad thing, I learned my leson long time ago keep back up meds for when things get complicated and communication break down, they always the same, having a nervious break down. Drives me insane, Oh sorry got carried away. Thats a zep song.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Glad to see you posting again. I hope all is going well.
    Jim :D
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • workman's comp=bad bad bad
    I heard a woman while sitting in my pain dr's office that said she came in for her refill of pain meds, workman comp person was there and took her to rehab. by the way i have my oxycontin and fenatly lollipopl compounded and the pharmacy always makes up stories. my insurance will approve meds a few days early but they say they can't give it out until a few days after. they will get in trouble with the dea. I'm glad i don't have work comp. i know a guy that was photographed and filmed and he was lifting and bending when he was supposed to have a neck injury. watch out with them and the pharmacy
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
This discussion has been closed.