Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just found this forum, so bear with me.

DjinngerDDjinnger Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
- Include your current condition as identified by your doctor:
Spinal cord stimulator dying battery
Abnormal neurophysiology
Failed spinal surgery syndrome

- List any medication you are currently on
Minimal, all things considered. I'm maxed out on Welbutrin at 450mg/day. I also take 40mg Omeprasole. Since my Stim surgery, I have only needed my 10mg Valium & 5mg Percocets sporadically.

- Identify the various diagnostic tests you have had and the results.
Good lord, where do I start? Starting in mid-2005 & in no particular order: X-rays, at least 3 MRIs, Discogram (in spite of my iodine allergy), CAT scan, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

- List any prior surgeries
5 rounds of epidural injections, L4-S1 titanium fusion (2007), & 16 node Spinal Cord Stimulator implant (2009)

- Identify any upcoming surgery
Installing a new Stim computer with 9-year rechargeable battery tomorrow (10-26-11)

- Describe your current medical problems
Honestly, since the Stim implant, I've gotten a whole new lease on life. No, I'm not some kind of "paid endorsement" person or anything. I wouldn't be able to walk without the thing, but life's great now.

God, I wish I'd found this forum 5 or 6 years ago! I had my fusion surgery when I was 26, Stim implant at 28, & I'm having my first Stim computer swap now at 31. I went through some pretty rough patches on this road. I'm nervous about the new Stim computer making things different, but everything's pretty much great otherwise.

My Stim has come with some--shall we say--unexpected side effects, & I'm interested to hear what others' reactions to theirs have been. As far as I know, there's only 1 documented case like mine, so I'd love to see if I'm less of an anomaly than my docs think.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies! I'm very excited to have found you guys.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    Welcome to S.H. forums. There is a separate section devoted to spinal cord stimulators on the forums. Look it up and post there.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I've found this site very helpful for information and support.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Welcome, Glad you had good results with the nerve stimulaterl.

I am also failed back surgery, had 2 nerve stimulater trials but both times it failed,

Good luck with the swap out of the unit, I am sure it will not be a problems for you,

At least you leads are grown in already and they are where you need it, Best of luck
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Thanks!

Surgery went reasonably well, apart from the leads getting swapped & a software kerfuffle. I'm having my first fight with the recharger right now. It's rather clumsy doesn't seem terribly fond of me at the moment. It's probably just a matter of getting used to using it, though. The connectivity will likely improve as the swelling goes down.

Sorry your trials didn't go well.