Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

not feeling very well right now

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Chronic Pain
I had a trade show today out of town. I actually traveled by airplane to get to it. I was on my feet from about 10 am untill 9 pm. The flight was only 30 minutes and other that 5 minutes here and there those 30 minutes in the plane was about all I got.

I hurt on a whole new level that I didn't know was possible. My legs are so weak ans shaky. The numbness is my left thigh has turned into hip/pelvis/thigh pain. My girls parts aches, my low back feels very sore, my thoracic had lidocane patches as did my neck. I has to take them off when I got home since it has been over 12 hours. Now that they are wearing off I can feel myback tingling & burning/ trying to go numb on me.

Thank goodness I don't have to do these that often. I have two next week and then none for several months. I just dont know if I can do this kind of work any longer.

eds are kicking me stupid
I took my meds all day and tey were ineffective. When I fot home I took a larger dose, crawled into bed and started writing this post....

Later friends

• I can feel your pain from here, most too the pain that is *still* there after getting more pain meds trying to get it (the pain) under control. I hope you find relief soon. Big *HUGZ* of support to you. Wishing you well with pain control soon. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I was cringing while reading your post, can feel your pain coming through. Hope that as your meds kicked in you were able to get some sleep.

Hope that you don't have to work today after such a crazy day yesterday, and that you can get your pain levels down.

gentle >:D<
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Awe thanks ladies. I had to laugh at my spelling skills last night, apparently I took enough medictaion to cause a severe spelling disorder (LOL).

Brenda- I know you must be hurting- I wish there was something I could do for you. Hugs back, use some gel ice & take your meds (you know the drill) <):) It is not your first rodeo.

Karen I appreciate your thoughts. I hope you are having a "lower" pain day. Hugs!

OK- so I got up at 6 am to use the potty. OUCH my back hurts. I took 600 mg of advil with my morning meds and went back to bed for 2.5 hours. Rolling over hurts, walking hurts, everything hurts. My husband told me to stay home and in bed all day. So that is my plan. I was supposed to drop some paperwork off with the attorney, but I think I will wait until tomorrow to do it.

I will be here icing, heating, tensing and resting today. I will take more advil along with my pain meds today and tomorrow. Hopefully this will come back under control pretty soon.

• Hi; and hope your feeling better today.
    Thats a long day for anyone, but then when its compounded by the additional problems with your spine it makes the day down right miserable.

Just take'r easy, and take another dosage of your pain meds, and you will soon forget about it.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that you feel better after a good rest today. Take care

• Julie,
    I am sorry that you had to do this trade show and that it has flared up your pain again.
    I am not surprised, 10.10am 'til 9.00pm on your feet sounds horrific.
    I think I would have been lying on the floor before then!

Now take it very easy and allow yourself time for any inflamation to settle down.

Feel better soon.

>:D< >:D< >:D<
  • OMG that was terrible yesterday. Today I feel *almost human again :)

I am pretty sure that was all muscle pain. I felt as bad as I did after the plif. It probably has to do with my recent ct myelogram and the 3 needles shoved through my scar tissue. I usually don't feel near that bad after a trade show. Yikes.

I got 2 more next week that I am not looking forward to.

Thanks so much for the support >:D<

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad you're feeling better today. I hope the next two aren't as long and that you don't go through this again!

Take care,
  • Hoping you find some time for you and to let things settle back down a bit. You definitely need some real R&R.

• Trade show floors are concrete and horrible for all exhibitors. You have to wear comfy shoes, put one leg up and take breaks. Then, as your company to get better cushioning under the carpet in your booth.

Even with all that, it will only help a little. I remember working those in my 20's and hurt by days end. I can't imagine how much pain you were in but I know it had to be bad.

I hope you are doing better today
This discussion has been closed.