Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Swimming on my back

EmilyEEmily Posts: 112
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am now just about 6 months out and have been cleared for swimming!

My surgeon recommends backstroke because it engages the core and teaches you how to use it when moving. Amazingly, after 30 minutes of backstroke laps in the pool I was absolutely painfree for at least 4 hours...

• i absolutly love swimming and find it to not only be pain free while doing it but to offer those benefits for some time after.. how nice that you have found it to be of benefit to you as well!! i do alot of walking in the water and also the backstroke. i have even tried beginning water aerobics but found that a little too strenuous..i hope you continue to have fun and that the swimming helps to relieve what pain you are still having.. i know it works wonders on the core!! i am so happy for you!! enjoy!! and congratulations on a continued, successful recovery!! Jenny :)