Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm still here!

hopeless-in-mnhhopeless-in-mn Posts: 206
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi every one! I haven't posted in quite awhile for many reasons, but wanted to let you all know, that I have been checking up and reading posts (lurking) LOL.

Back in Feb. I moved to a new town, and had to start all over with new doctors. This turned out to be one of the best things that I could ever have done! My new back Dr. is a physiatrist (sp) and is WONDERFUL!!! He realizes that I have tried many of the therapies in the past, and respects my wishes to (for now) remain off of narcotics due to my having three teens! And although acknowledges my weight/smoking issues, is not pressuring me for surgery or anything else for that matter!

My oldest daughter(14) has also been having back pain, and was found to have a slight curve of her spine. She was sent to a chiropracter, who after a few adjustments, realized thatd she actually has one leg just a few millimeters shorter than the other, and after a few weeks with a small heel lift in her shoe, is doing better.

In the process of taking my daughter to her visits, and noticing my pain levels, and difficulties walking, he expressed an interest in trying to help me as well. (imagine, somebody OFFERING to help!) so after having my back Dr. giving the referral, and a few gental adjustments later, I must say, that I do notice a difference. I am better able to maintain a decent posture, my shoulders have come out of my ears, and have taken some cues from a diet plan they use, and may be actually starting to lose some weight after only a week! (will keep you posted!)

I still have constant pain, and have alot of difficulty walking/ sitting/ standing, but am starting to maybe see at least a slow to the degeneration.

My meds now are: Mobic, Effexor, Tramadol, Tizanidine, Detrol, anda simvistatin. I have tried the Butrans patch, and it did help do more than just take the edge off, but insurance will not pay for it!

I also have a tens unit, and lidoderm patches.

Well, I guess that's it for now,

• Hi, so glad things seem to be looking up! I do remember your story and really happy to hear the "positive" in th tone of your post.

• Wow, it's nice to see you again on the forums. You used to be here quite a lot and as always, I hope when people don't post much that they're doing better.

I'm really glad to hear of your progress and positive experience with the move, new doctors, feeling better and your daughter's improvement.

Please do keep us posted. Do we need to change your screen name from helpless-in-mn now, maybe hopeful-in-?? ? LOL

Again, nice to see you again and glad to hear the good news you've posted.

Take care,
This discussion has been closed.