Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Life destroyed, Job gone, Prayers unanswered. But I'm still Alive...Is it a good thing?

hausrmaddnesshhausrmaddness Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Yep, still alive for now. Sorry to hear all of your problems and I hope Jesus will come take them all away soon. It is tough to continue sometimes believe me I know. I like many others have DDD, bulging discs with bone spurs. 4 discs in cervical so far. I have been in my share of car wrecks (4 not at fault) One big on Head on accident in 3-2000. at age of 29. Started feeling different in Dec 2006. Then the pain came. I do believe I've had all treatments except for laser procedure. It is now 11/06/2011 and my life has been turned upside down. lucky for me the VA has helped with the pain management. But for those of you that have not had this type of pain, you will never understand it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy except maybe the devil. But that's Gods Job. I have been to 3 VA's Salt Lake, Ann Arbor, and now at Sioux Falls, SD. Soon I will be going to Tampa, FL. From what I have heard and seen online they have their own Spine institute building. I have studied the neck, discs, facets for 4 years now and am almost 40yrs. The VA does not offer these laser procedures anywhere that I have found but in Tampa, FL. You can read about them at Laser spine institute .com. I have not had a fusion yet and don't really want one. But I have recently had Radio Frequency which is like a rhizotomy. It does take away some of the symptoms, not much of the pain in my case. I have problems in my c1,4,5,6. with bone spurs and whatever else is going on in there. I lay in traction 5 times a day to relieve the migraines. The traction Unit I use is a Saunders Cervical Traction Unit. I would be dead with out that and my diazapam, and 8 Oxy's a day. This January 1st I will be in Tampa, FL. Maybe I can get my life back. I pray to GOD in the highest that this finds many that are in so much need of it. If you can afford one of these treatments that the laser spine institute offers go for it. They are 20k. Like most of us who are broke I am going to try and get the VA to help me. I also Pray for all of our hero's that are serving our country and may GOD bring them home soon. It is sad that Our veterans do not get the care they need when they serve the Greatest Nation of all. Fire the Government and let the People take over...Mr. Happy signing off for now.. May God Bless you All!! Amen!