Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Pain and NO LIFE

1ofmanyinpain11ofmanyinpain Posts: 60
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone...I'm not really NEW but haven't posted much. I have Chronic Pain due to low back problems. I've had 2 Lumbar surgeries including a decompression with fusion in 2004. Needless to say I wish I hadn't EVER had surgery at all. It doesn't help ME. I am 44 and haven't worked in 10 years. I live with my mom and my 18 yr. old son. She has "taken care" of me for the last 12 years. Paid my bills, rent, everything. I get TennCare but just found out I'm losing it at the end of this month. I have Diabetes and take insulin, HBP and take meds, I need MRI's and CT scans yearly...and I'm close to having Osteoporosis. I visit Dr.'s at least 3 times a month and if I had to pay for that It would cost over 500 each month. Not counting meds. I take Pain meds, meds for Bipolar, meds for mild narcolepsy, insulin, and whatever else pops up... I'm not bedridden...I CAN get up and so things...just not much and for only a short time. I have NO Social life, except on FB.
I guess what I'm saying is that I need help... support...and friends that understand my situation. I don't want to whine about it but I might...I want to listen as well.
What do I do? I'm in the process of trying to get Disability...I just got a lawyer to help me in the appeals part. Been turned down twice.
I have Spinal Stenosis, DDD, Arthritis, Post Lamenectomy Syndrome, Osteopenia, Diabetes, HBP, Bipolar... I think that's all...
Anyway, if you want to be friends just reply...I could use some..

• Hi Rhonda,

Welcome to spine health. Unfortunately, I know how it is to have no friends and be in pain all the time. You will find some friends here.

I spend quite a bit each month on healthcare as well!! I could go on a nice vacation for how much I spent in the last year!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,459
    It's great you are here again..not great you are suffering.. but this is the best site and it seems staying connected may help...even a bit. :)

So glad you went to disability lawyer. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the success I'm sure hoping you have. That would be huge in helping reduce some of your financial worries.

And hey..feel free to chat about..whatever and whine and vent if that's what you need. :) You're not alone.
    You have your cyber pals!

Keep in touch!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• It's rough you're going through so much pain. This has been a great support site for me over 3 years now. It's sad you've been turned down for Disability and hope the lawyer can help you this time. Did you reapply? Send in all your MRIs, CTs and EMGs and all Dr. consults. I found it helped when I sent in all the information myself as well as my Dr. and especially having depression from chronic pain sped up the applying process.

Like I've said before No Friends-We're you're Friends! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Nice to meet you! If you need friends you've come to the right place. The members here are great people who really understand and care.

I'm sorry you have so much to deal with and now the added stress of losing your insurance. I hope your lawyer comes through for you. It sounds like you have great support from your mom and I'm sure your son also. Still I know how isolated it feels at times. Anytime you need someone to chat with feel free to PM me anytime and I'll be happy to help any way I can.

Welcome and take care,
  • >:D< First I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for the replies. It means a great deal to me when people who understand take the time to talk to me. I've lost so many friends during this...well, I guess they weren't really "friends"...all they wanted was to get in on the "Pain Train"...I'm sure you know what I mean.
    You know the thing is...all I want is to be {average}, not Above Average...just {average}...not in pain all the time, not dealing with my other ailments, not worrying about if I'll keep my insurance, and not worrying about MONEY...
    I promise to keep in touch with you and I promise to be available to anyone who needs a friend.

• I am so glad that you are here and that you are reaching out :)
    This is a great site for support and info. I have found some great new friends here.
    When you find yourself in need of help, maybe just a steady shoulder or open ear, just give us a shout and you will not be alone.

take care
  • I received your message about the URL that was removed on my chronic pain post about pain management. I broke the rules here on SH and posted a website that I shouldn't have, but fixed that with the right link later on in the thread of replies.

I feel your "pain" that gets so complicated and frustrating to deal with...the financial, insurance, etc. etc. struggles that go along with this roller coaster ride, sooooooooo exhausting. I remember that feeling of isolation, depression, etc. and found a tremendous amount of support here.

I have almost three plus years of "experience" dealing with it all. Message me again with any questions you have and I will do my best to help you out.

Getting a lawyer to help you in your appeal is the best first step to take. Many things I'd like to advise you on at this point.....

Best wishes friend!

• Hi there.

You should not lost your courage. There are cures available of every diseases in the world. You should also take the advice of some Ayurvedic doctors. Ayurvedic treatments has not any side effects but helps the patients to recover from the disease.
  • I think you'll have success with your appeal, too. I had to go before a judge with a lawyer who had been "on the other side" first. He told me they routinely deny people twice in an attempt to "weed out" people who might not be truly disabled..weird way of doing things, but I guess that's what they came up with..

He also told me their "secret unwritten rule", and this one actually makes sense. If you would miss more than two days a month if attempting to work, they will approve it. They figure not many employers would be understanding of that sort of time missed.

Best of luck, be patient!

P.S. Just sold my farm 3 years ago outside of Johnson City, TN (NC side of Roan Mountain). You live in a pretty state!