Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

norco 10/325 vs percocite?

wdwgrannywwdwgranny Posts: 63
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Pain Medications
have been on norco for almost 3 yrs 2 tabs every 6 hr , but the coverage is lessing? dr said maybe built up tolerence?
dr mentioned switch to percocet? are they the same or is one stronger? i told her was alittle afraid to change meds so we are trying toradol but can have only 20 a month because the can cause bleeding and other sdverse side efffects anyone change meds to get better relif? did it work? thank you

• It also depends on the dose that you're given. I have switched after 2 years also to another narcotic medication as I may have becoming tolerant also but I take a slow release medication. I hope the change helps. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • This seems like an ideal question for your neighborhood pharmacist. I would ask about the pharmacokinetics of each. Seems like toradol would only bind to NSAID receptors while percocet requires opoid receptors?
  • thanks for the comments, will ask the pharm good idea as soon as i can get there dont drive , just wondering if any one had experence here, see my son is a recovering Herion addict, 5 yrs clean:) so these drug scare me , my dr has to help me with the tolerence vs addict complex i have so switching is scary to me they wanted to do methodone but i refused , also suboxone but i saw how hard it was for my son to rid himself of that after his detox. thanks everyon i come here cause people dont look at me like i am an addict too, even my pharmasit is a little touchy when i ask him.God Bless ya all
  • Percocet contains oxycodone and tylenol. Norco ( also known as vicoden) contains hydrocodone and tylenol. Most people find that they get better pain relief with percocet vs. vicoden. Depending on the strength of percocet, you may find that you get much better pain relief with the new medication. Watch the toradol, it can be dangerous if taken consistantly (regularly). It should not be taken for more than 5 days in a row and if you suddenly should become ill, make sure that the doctors k now that you are have taken it . You can ask your pharmacist for any other interactions or things you need to be concerned about when taking this medication.
    Good luck, I hope that you feel better soon.