Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sedation for a Mylegram

ibohnt123iibohnt123 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am a new member. Three years ago I had to have Cervical Fusion done to C-4 through C-7. I am seen at a Pain Clinic for Chronic Pain, I have a Spinal Cord Simulator since 2002 for my failed Lumbar Fusion and for the last 6-12 months I have been having horrible pain in my neck. I went through Radio-frequency Ablation on both sides witch made no difference when it came to the pain in my neck.

To make a long story short, I need a Mylegram and I am extremely fearful of needles and procedures of any kind. I have been through alot with my back & neck. The last one I got a Spinal Headache on Friday & had to wait until Monday to get the blood patch done. The ER wouldn't touch me because of my SCS.

If any one has any suggestions or advice for me; knowledge is power. I would greatly appreciate it. I live in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area and would be willing to have my Husband take me where ever necessary.

With my 1st Cervical Fusion, I had no pain. I was told the disks would squeeze on my spinal cord and this cause me to collapse. And when I did, I had no warning whatsoever and people would look at me like I was drunk or a druggie. I don't drink or do drugs, except my prescriptions from my Doctors. The Dr. who did the surgery said I had to have the surgery ASAP, or if I collapsed again I had a chance of bruising my spine and that could cause me to be a quadrapalegic.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I had a C.T. Myelogram with dye last year. When it was ordered My surgeons office told me to bring a driver. Because I would be getting a mild sedation. When I got there.I was all prepped but hadn't had sedation. And when I mentioned it to the nurse. She went back and asked the Dr. who was doing it. And he said I wouldn't be needing any. I'm not afraid of needles, but I am afraid of procedures and have "white coat syndrome" I still didn't get anything. But to be honest with you, I really didn't need any. Your on your stomach and don't see any needles.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • They told me I would be getting mild sedation as well, but when I was getting prepped for the procedure the doctor said I wouldn't need it. It was only painful when the dye invaded the damaged areas of my cervical spine - then it was terribly painful. I was also very very sick afterward for several days. Bad migraines!!!