Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain, pain, pain :(

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am just not feeling too great :( I know it hasn't even been 2 months, but I am sick of feeling this way.......... My back feels broke, my legs are killing me. The other thing that is going on is that my feet are killing me. I feel like I am walking on rocks........... I do take hydrocodone 10/325. I dont like pain meds, but I do take these along with stuff for depression.

I am sorry to complain, but I just can't take it. I have fibromyalgia, and I swear it makes it worse. ~X( . I am so afraid that I will never get better. I want to go back to school, to work, ect. I am on workmen's comp. They are trying to settle. I think it is too early to do that...

I am going to be going to the surgeons on the 2nd, and get xrays, ect. I am so afraid that the surgeon is going to play me off, and tell me I should be better. I have a hard time just keeping up with the kids, and cleaning. I do have help, but it just isnt the same. I have to say that I didnt feel this bad before surgery.

Like I said, I know it is early, but it is depressing. I know that I can come here for support, and THANK YOU SO MUCH. >:D< >:D< >:D< . I am sure a lot of you have been there, done this.

• I am not sure how long you been on workman comp.
    they have tried 3 time to try settle with me But No way Will I settle for what they want to give me.
    I do hope you have a lawer helping you out.If not get one.Its bad enough going thew pain. with out having a lawer to help you out.
    I been or workman comp for over 3 years

If you need to talk I am here Just pm me

• >:D< sorry your in so much pain, can you call your docs office and see if they can help.
    Since your having such pain, doc should adjust meds perhaps.
    I also a fibro mate and anything can trigger it.
    So having surgery recently has probably sent you into flare up. Do you have a doc such as rhuemo or neuro treating your fibro, if so give them a call and tell them you just had surgery.
    I am lucky I have docs that communicate to each other after they have seen me. So they can all be on same page.
    do you ever go into chat??
    let me know when, and we can chat
    I'm not sure if your able yet to get into tub, but a lavender Epsom salts is very nice. And just being in heated pool indoors(of course) is great for me. That's what I did( when doc said okay to ) to recoup after my fusion.
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I do have a lawyer thank god! I have had a lawyer that is great. I have been on comp for 6 years! I will not settle right now. I am not even near healing.

I did see a doc for the fibro, but he was a little nutty! I see my normal doctor tomorrow. They wanted to put me on meds for it, but I dont like the idea of more meds. The tub sounds like a great idea! :)

I dont go into chat a lot, but I can go in! What time do you go in chat at night? :)
  • Oh Heidi,
    So sorry to hear about your pain, esp, the continued leg pain.
    makes sense that fibro would make all this that much more painful. the post op pain is pretty intense as it is.
    Any clues into what is causing your leg pain?
  • I hope that the leg pain goes away! A lot of people that have been fused say that they have gotten rid of theirs after the surgery. I sure hope it will be the same for me.
    Yes, fibro HURTS very much!!!!