Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Psych exam done

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
I had my mandatory psych exam before my insurance or doctor would proceed with the pain pump. I passed. Lol. The trial will be scheduled to happen I am told within the next few weeks. I have talked to others who have the pain pump, some who are happy with it and others who wish they never would of had it done. My docs tell me if I do not have a 80% reduction of pain during the trial they will not proceed with the pump. Im trying not to get my hopes up but a 80% reduction, oh how that would change my life!!! I cant even begin to imagine how that would feel. For the last 12 years all Ive known is pain. I realize that I will still have some pain and Im not being unrealistic thinking this will be the cure all but like I said.... a 80% reduction in pain! My fingers are crossed and I pray this trial works for me

• My pm doc wants me to have a pain pump after my shoulder replacement surgery in about 6 months and am really looking for peoples results with the pump. My current neurosurgeon doesn't want to touch my lumbar any more because of bad scar tissue issues. I still have a second opinion on that yet first, and maybe a third. I had hoped that my life would not end up being lived on morphine. But if I could get even a 50% reduction in pain it would be more than worth it to me. Living with pain and depression is a very hard life, not just for the one in pain, but for those who are caregivers.

I wish you all the luck in the world and pray for you to get pain relief soon.
  • I only know 2 members here who have the pain pump Pat White and Meyday. I hope you get a good result from the test. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I certainly hope you get the best results possible!

Please let us know how your body responds.

Good luck!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Good luck Susan!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
This discussion has been closed.