Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frequent Flyers and ALIF

spinedsspined Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
About three years ago I had a Micro/Lami at L3-L4 and was only down about three weeks. I am a very frequent flyer. I typically fly 4 to 6 segments a week, most of which are under two hours.

I'm scheduled for an ALIF at L5-S1 this Sunday.

My question:

Have any of you guys who've had ALIF's been road warriors, and if so, how long did it take you to get back in the airports and rentals cars?

L3-L4 Laminectomy micro-discectomy 2008
ALIF L5-S1 2012
Facet Joint Ablation L2 to S1 2012
Facet Joint Ablation. L2 to S1 2015

• Good luck with your ALIF i had it done a year ago and my Dr wouldn't let me even in a car for 6 weeks than after that it was still hard to be in car went on trip for Xmas to mi was 8 hrs and i was begging them to let me die...lol ya just gotta member to walk walk walk it will help ya in the long run! best of luck