Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All NEW members, your first discussion needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published. Please dont create duplicate discussions.

Stiff neck upon awakening

loveley07loveley07 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:58 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi have you tried having a stiff neck after sleeping for like 3hrs?
I had this weird experience before after sleeping at around 4am then when I woke up at 7am I already had a stiff neck.
And it hurts real bad.
Any idea anyone?

Thank you.
advertisement

Comments

• You probably got injured by your sleep position. This used to happen to me all the time, until I learned what pillows and such were good for my neck. You may be sleeping on a pillow that is too high for your neck, or maybe have been sleeping on your side without the proper alignment. The best thing to do is fold up a blanket and lay it flat under your back and sleep on your back for a few nights without a pillow and see if your neck starts to get better. You may also need a mattress that will keep your body aligned right. I'd look into one of those gel beds,

Link removed, solicitation not permitted
    Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
  • wow! thanks for the insight.
    This will really help.
    I hope this will also help everyone that has experience this kind of situation.