Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi all! Still got the same ole pain in the neck...

MelWMMelW Posts: 427
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
It has been a long time since I've posted! I am going to school for nursing, so I have NO extra time for anything. I'm doing my general education classes now and will be in the nursing program within a year or so.

Anyhow, I am still on all my meds, and still have a lot of neck and back pain. I get to the point that I do not even want to hold my own head up any more, as dumb as that may sound. Still getting tension headaches all of the time too.
I mentioned to my pain doc that I am not getting a lot of pain relief from my meds and he said my next step is back to the surgeon for another surgery... Ugh

I do have a question... Has anyone had numbness and tingling on there face? Periodically the right side of my face gets numb and it starts tingling. I doesn't last a real long time, but it bothers the heck outta me. I have tried doing some research online, but I keep coming up with bells palsy. I do not have trouble talking when this happens, and it only happens on a fairly small area (cheek, temple, etc). It's not as if its the entire side of my face, or entire side of my body, but it's been happening often enough that it now has my attention. Could this have to do with the problems I have with neck?

• Hi Mel
    I get the same thing, usually when the neck/head/etc flare up, I get some tingling in my face (around my lips, sometimes near the eyes as well)...haven't gotten the face tingling in a while, though (thankfully)...

All of the research I have done suggests I have bruxism (teeth clenching) -- I know I do this when I sleep. I wear a soft night guard my dentist made for me, but I tend to chew on that as well. Next step is a hard acrylic one.

But I am going to wait for after surgery, b/c I am wondering if the aggravation from inflammation and my 'angry neck' sets off the clenching? Hoping my surgery relieves the neck pain.

• Thanks for the response Ken :)

I used to grind and clinch my teeth, but havent in a long time. It was bad enough that I chipped a tooth!

I am also having a lot of "crunchy" noises in my neck.... Sometimes its painful, sometimes not. Just seems like everytime I turn around something is going wrong. I go to my PM on 12/14, and am going to see if he will send me for x-rays or an MRI, something so I can know what exactly is going on. I know from past MRI's, myleogram, and x-rays that there's stuff going on, but it has gotten worse and to the point where I can't handle it much more. I'm a strong person, but this neck crap is killing me.

I'm just OVER it!