Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update on treatment

teketchtteketch Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
So... I went to my new nuerosurgeon fro my second opinion on Wednesday. I was a little leary that things were going to be the same as with the other nuerosurgeon, the PA seemed to be in a hurry and was very short. I thought "here we go again' but the doctor came in and was very nice and explained that he believes that the tear in my l5-s1 is the one causing me pain. He sent me to get an SI joint injection and another ESI today. I feel better but there is pain in my hip that I think it from the SI injection. I am pretty sure that it is from the injection site? but I am going to give it a couple days. It feels different than the pain I had and more achy? for a better term.

Then within the next month but after two weeks from today he wants me to get some facet blocks to try to determine where the pain is exactly coming from. He doesn't want to do surgery because he thinks I am too young so hopefully his therapy works out. Once we find out if a nerve is causing the pain then we will burn the nerve. It sounds kinda scary. Anyone had this done???

So on the up side we are going places. I feel like someone is finally listening. Dr said he would have liked to have had me as a patient from the start and says he will work with me as long as it takes. Made me feel good. He was very personable and joked with my husband and I! Doctor's like him are few and far between I think. Enough rambling for now! Thanks for listening!

-DDD, Bulging l3-4, l4-5, l5-s1 (with annular tear), Spondylolisis

• Good for you that you have found a doctor that is willing to help you out. Sometimes you have to look past the bad of other doctors and just move onto someone that will help. You never know when that will be, but sound as though you have found one. Look for the threads that say RFA burn, there is also a video here on spine-health to help you understand the nerve burn, just look in the video section. Blocking out nerves is a good way to determine the offending nerve and once the pain generator is isolated you can begin treating it. Good luck and keep us posted.