Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

off to a new neurologist tomorrow!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Lower Back Pain
Finally my appointment is here! New neuro. out of town tomorrow afternoon. Its at a teaching hospital so hopefully they can figure out why i have so much pain and numbness and spasms!! Please say a prayer that they figure this mess out.
thank-you to all who have kept me going!

• I know you've been excited about seeing this new neuro and I hope your expectations are metm, they find the problem and know what path to take to get it taken care of.

I'm thinking of you and can't wait to hear the results of the meeting. Fingers are definitely crossed!!!

• I too hope you can get somewhere with your new neurologist. Many of us know how frustrating back problems can be - especially when a doctor is unable to draw conclusions as to diagnosis and/or treatment. Please let us know what happens. Love 'n >:D< , Ess
  • So disappointing!! Have you ever been to an apt,. and left feeling like the doctor just wasn't listening to you? It was my first apt. with this neuro. and he barely asked me about what's happened with my back. He did some neurological tests and watched me walking up and down this long hallway to figure out why my leg twists inwards. He asked what medications i was taking and never asked for amounts or why i was taking them. I explained to him about the spasms that i was having going up and down my spine and he didn't have an answer as to why they were happening.He said that my foot turning in was very unusual,said it could be caused from my pain,but he didn't think that it was from my spine.I told him that i had numbness in both legs and feet and pain in my low back,hip and legs and he told me that low back issues don't go down both legs usually only presents in one. He had the mri that i had done over a year ago and i told him that these systems in my leg and spine started after the mri was done and i asked him if i should have another one done and he said to give it another month or two and if i declined more to come back for a re assessment. I told him that i was maxed out on the nerve pain meds. and the pain was still intorable. He said that i should be weaned off them then and put on something else,he's supposed to be sending a letter to my family doctor. I told him that when i was at therapy they said that my leg twisting was a nerve issue and not muscular but he said that he disagreed with that. He said to do some core strengthening, gait control and stretching,pretty much everything that i've been doing for the last year and been going backwards doing.He thinks that some of my pain is still coming from the spinal cord injury that i had in my neck which is the one thing that i do agree with him about.
    He didnt' even look at the mri on my lumbar spine only one level in my thoracic. the disc is herniated into my spinal cord but he said it didn't look that bad,but then he looked at the mri of my cervical spine before i had the surgery and the herniations looked pretty much the same. He told me that they just did a three level in my neck to avoid a bad outcome, then i new he didn't know what he was talking about because they showed me the mri that they did and showed me how narrow my opening that the cord was going through was and it was very small.Now i have no idea what to do. I don't want to go back to therapy because i did that for over a year,i can't sit for more then half an hour witout being in huge amount of pain and the spasms are uncontrollable and he doesn't want to do anything different.I can only get my ESI's everything three months and they don't last very long at all .The last one kept the pain away for three weeks and thats it.I can't sit on the couch in the evenings and spend time with my husband and getting a job at the moment is not an option and this guy gave me no where to take this.
  • I am so sorry that your appointment was such a dissapointment. Hope that you can get in to see someone else.

I can relate to you with the foot turning in. My left foot turns in, and I have partial foot drop.I was told that it was a nerve issue in my case. I walk with a cane due to the weakness and foot turn.

Wishing you all the best, there are great doctors out there,hope that your next one helps.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
This discussion has been closed.