Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

one week to echocardiograph

babyruthbbabyruth Posts: 260
i've got one more week to go before i get my echocardigraph, the first step in trying to figure out what the deal is with my heart. i am WAAAAAY more flipped out already than i thought i was gonna be at this point. i produced a rather abnormal ECG, or as some people alternatively call it - EKG, in mid October. the ECG revealed that there is something wrong in the electrophysiological conduction function on the right side of my heart. it seems the electrophysiological function that makes the heart contract/beat on the right side is either very weak or absent ... so ... the left side contracts the left side of the heart and in turn then whips on over and contracts the right side of the heart. it produces a rather interesting ECG.

i am significantly more worried about this than i was about all my back surgeries. i would sooner volunteer myself to have more back surgeries if it meant i would not have anything significantly wrong with my heart. it's the waiting that is difficult. but as a canadian i am used to waiting.

can people share some jokes that'll hopefully take my mind off of things. please, please keep them clean though, lest we get beat up by the moderators, taken off their christmas cards lists, have bamboo shoots shoved under our fingernails, set adrift on an ice floe and then banned/booted from the site.

Having been a big fan of milton berle and rodney dangerfield (i did stand-up comedy earlier in my life) i really like one liners and groaners.

for example: today i went to an eye clinic for my annual examination. the optomtrist asks me when the last time my eyes were checked. i said "they were never checked, they were always brown"..... #o

• I recently went to my Eye Dr. and she said I had a wandering eye. I said so when I go out with my husband and look at good looking guys then husband says to me. Whats up and why are you looking at guys? I say my Dr. told me I have a wandering eye so it's all good. True story

Hugs Charry

PS what do you want at 200 am in the morning? Groaner

But seriously Please don't alarm yourself until the test and this can be treated and controlled. Prayers luv. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • please keep your fingers crossed for me, going to get the sonogram of the heart tomorrow (wednesday). i'm scared about the possibilities. there's got to be a reason one side of you heart is not beating correctly. a friend is coming with me for moral support though. i'll keep you posted; however, when i get wigged out i tend to disappear into my own
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ...hope all is well.
    Hoping for the best as docs learn more of your condition.
    Please, keep us posted!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History