Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

BACK again!!

hotcoffee29hhotcoffee29 Posts: 327
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello everybody!

I have not been on the forum for a while so I just wanted to say hi and update my condition.

I hope some of you have had success and are on the mend.

I had my fusion at L5-S1 in June and have been back to work since August and I have continued back pain and leg pain unfortunately. My Surgeon has now referred me to pain management who has given me 2 rounds of ESI's and the last one was yesterday so I am still hurting today. They are thinking of ordering a new MRI to see if there is anything new going on but probably scar tissue causing me my on going issues :(

I have also been suffering from arrythmias and will be having heart surgery over Christmas which has monopolized my time researching heart issues and I put my back issues on the back burner so to speak but they have never left!!

Wishing everyone many blessings and happy holidays!

Thanks for listening,

• Hi Sandra! Good to see you over at SH. Heart surgery - my prayers are with you my friend.
  • I need to e mail you and update you with the full picture. I have had so much going on. I hope you and your husband are preparing for the holidays and keeping well. Update me on you too when you can!!

Love ya
    Sandra x
  • I am not changing this thread from back into heart issues. I was just explaining my absence, my back is an on going problem for me despite all my efforts to make it better.

• I'm so sorry to hear of your upcoming cardiac surgery and that your back and leg pain are still present. I hope you can find something to relieve it, and that the pain you're feeling is just post-injection discomfort. Love 'n >:D< >:D< >:D<, Ess
  • That was kind of you, I believe this is what keeps me coming back, to receive kind support and understanding for what we go through. Makes me feel like I am not so alone as its very difficult for my family to understand my on going pain, they think I should be all fixed by now!!!

• I hope your surgery and recovery go well. Having heart issues and chronic spine pain is awful. Praying for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hij and good to see ya again.
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner but I went into hospital 12/02 for my surgery and I'm being released today
    Still waiting on all my doctors.

!est of luck to ya with your heart surgery and be sure to let us know how it turns out.
    Tho I'm sure you will do great in the surgery and recovery.

.Y best to ya