Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is it really psychological to feel that the ROM is affecting how I express?

zigazziga Posts: 143
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Is it really psychological that I feel exactly where my neck does not move? Is it really psychological that I miss cuddling with a cat as before? Is it really psychological that I am sad because kissing is different and could be painful? Is it really psychological what I am going through... that I have to adress other issues so I can feel better about my neck and move on.

I feel desperate for having this inside of me, for noticing how I can not move as before. I know that many people have fusions and they don't notice the difference or if they notice it is when they are in their cars.

I notice it all the time, when talking... so I feel less spontaneous when I talk.

Do you notice it and does it affects you when you are very emotional, angry when you are in an intimate relationship?

I think that if I did not have this pain or the change of motion I would be able to deal better much better with my work, my social relations, my thesis, my house, and my ex. And the psychologist say that I have to talk about this other things to feel better and be better.

And I just think that I could work better on that if my neck and back felt better.

Is it really psychological?

So my question is don't you despair for not being able to express as before or you just don't notice it always?

• I feel I am not spontaneous because I protect myself from the pain. But also when I go ahead and do it I notice so much difference...

I was a teacher... I am so frustrated because I definitely know I could teach before surgery and now I am panick to do it because of the change in motion and pain. Is it meeee??? I have gone out and really try to get my head of my neck but I am not able. Are you able?

I just wish I could forgive myself. Today I met a doctor with herniated disc on her neck she has part of her arms asllep, they told her she has myelopathy but the surgery was to complicate... She goes to the gym and continues working.

I also met a guy with all his cervicals herniated, this is so common!

And so many people deal with it without surgery...
    I know I know a lot of people that have it and are great or they just really need it...

Oh my God! I need to get out this cycle of wishing before.

• ziga said:

Oh my God! I need to get out this cycle of wishing before.

Yes you do. Go get help. All your posts are the same over and over. Just like several others on here. Until you get past it you won't improve.

Unless you were teaching something physical that requires that kind of involvement. There is no reason you can't teach. Your brain still works, no? You can still kiss right? It feels different, so what, you still have intimacy. Seriously, get out of your own head for a few minutes, you're not dead. That's when you can quit.
  • Thanks for you comment to snap out. I was very kinesthetic for some reason developing a workshop had to do a lot with how I move to develop it. All my workshops and classes involved a lot of movement. Integration of theater, art and exercises, a lot of stamina to maintain attention of kids. A lot of animal imitations and other fun stuff.

I don't have intimacy at the moment when I had it was really difficult and painful.

I am figuring all this stuff out, was not expecting this change instead was expecting the other way around.

Is not the same dealing with being better before surgery than after surgery... everything that I thought was going back into it right now I can't.

Started working yesterday it was really painful. Next semester I will teach to kids, I will post how it goes.

I know I have to confront my consequences but stimulus just transport me to a place I can not move back.

• I had the same surgery and believe I'm a month behind you. Having said that, I believe that you have to be in touch with your pain. Is it nerve or muscular? Once you know that, you need to find a solution to reduce that pain. Once you can reduce that pain, it will help with your psychological issues.

I realized that in my case that the residual pain was mainly muscular. Once I discovered this, I worked on strengthening those muscles to reduce spasms. Since I don't know your condition, I can not comment on it. I can only suggest that you do some investigation and find a solution so that you are not just "dealing" with the pain. Only you know what's going on. I've been there with the nostalgia and it's not a healthy place to dwell. PM me if you want to talk.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Thanks for your reply!

Well I guess I am very sensitive I notice exactly where my neck does not move. I will try to imagine this will change and I will adapt. Moving forward with love letting go what i can not control.