Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats next

nastyy13nnastyy13 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Pain Management
I NO LONGER SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL....After a tumor was removed from my spine in Sept 2010. I have been suffering from chronic back pain. My Neuro surgen referred me to pain management. I have had facet block shots, epidurals and even radio frequently abulation. He is now suggesting a spinal stimulation trial..

I am a 43 year old male who was an athlete. Whell a weekend warrior anyway. After thes urgery I managed to make it Back to work and play for about 3 monthS AFTER THE OPERATION. than life became a struggle. The pain became so severe I was struggling at work and was taking alot OF days off. Finally on June 21 2011 I just couldn't answer the call and went out sick.

Pain medication makes my pain somewhat bareable but I feel wierd. I canf drive and my doctor wont release me to work. I am feeling useless as a man and provider. I was going to celebrate 25 years with the company I worked for on 5-4-2011 . I cant play with my kids or pick up my grandchildren. I think I am a burden on my wife and family. Yes I know...look on the bright side....But the bulb is fading...

• I just want you to know you are not alone. I too am 43 (woman). I used to be an athlete too. I played soccer and skied and did just about any other sport I liked. A year after my youngest son was born, I was diagnosed with arthritis in my lower back. I was no longer able to pick up my young children ( by the way I've had this chronic pain for 13 years). I am currently working only very short hours at the job I've had (and enjoyed) for over 21 years.

I have tried so many treatments and therapies over the years. Today I had the radio frequency abulation. After 13 years the light is so dim, I don't really have too much hope. I too feel useless, as a mother and wife. I feel that my family has been ripped off, getting me as their mother.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ...SO not alone!
    I am sorry for what you are going through. No dening it's a tough break getting your life all rearranged without any of us having anything to do or say about it.

It will take some time trying for pain control...but keep trying. Mine is never totally gone, but the edge usually off. Amazing what we start celebrating as ..tolerable pain :)

It took me a while..sadly like a couple of years... to really discover that I am not my job, or any of the other "hats" I wore. You have worth just by being and who can judge your effectiveness as parent..grandparent? People reach others in all sorts of ways and we do our part, too.. just maybe not on the football field.

And even without words..the example of perserverance.
    I don't have it all together, but I have more peace with it over the years. I think as I accept the new me it makes it easier for my people to accept, also.

nd for me, realizing I was not alone was huge. This site has been a God send! Talk with people who get it! Huge! That also releases my people from the pressure of having to understand everything... because of the extra support rec'd here.

Please keep in touch...tell us how you're doing.. vent..whatever. Many, many people here. You are not alone! Take care!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History