Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

trying to understand the reason behind all this pain

jclinton36jjclinton36 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
hi, my name is Jennifer. I am 35 years old with 3 beautiful chldren, 3 almost step children, and the most wonderful fiancee that a woman could ask for. But, in saying that I also have migraines, osteoarthiritis, fibromialgia, degenerative disc disease, bulging discs, herniated discs, kidney stones, and ulcers. I am post surgery from a cervical fusion and a lumbar microdiscectomy. For years now I have tried to understand where all of this pain is coming from. In my previous marriage I was abused and my body suffered quite a bit but I have prayed and prayed and asked God why I am to suffer. My legs hurt all of the time. It's in the bone and the muscle, at least that's how it feels. Sometimes, it makes it so difficult to walk around or I end up walking like an old lady. I have this man that I love more than anything, he has stood by my side thru everything and has been so caring. But,I always end up thinking that he deserves someone without pain that can do things that I am not able to do. I would really appreciate some words of wisdom. I just don't know what to do, I've dealt with this for 10 years and my back for 20. Thank you and God bless you all.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    I sent you private message .

Sorry for the pain, but glad you're here

Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I posted in your New Member thread, thus the Hi Again. :-)

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering so much. Are you on any nerve pain medications, like Lyrica? With fibro, I know that it's a very painful condition, not to mention all the other things you're going through. You're also not very far out from your surgeries and nerves take time to heal, depending on how long they've been compressed. If some of your pain is from nerves healing after surgery, then that can get better with time, granted slowly, but it does get better.

I have no words of wisdom, but wanted to offer what I could, however small. At the very least, you'll get support here and that can be valuable.

Take care and keep posting. We're here for ya.
  • Hi and welcome. I myself been dealing with back pain now over 20 years and more complictions the last 8 years after surgery,

Only word of wisdom i have is , You cant worry about things such as partner deserves beter and such, With so much stress with pain you cant ad more worry, You can only work with controling the pain and feel as good as you can so you can enjoy any time together,

Its not easy when pain is always there but if you are lucky enough to have someone that understands and stays by your side then thats 1 less worry,

Love has to come naturaly and without boundry, Only the weak walk away when a bad situation is at hand, As long as you are doing your best to keep in best of health no mater how bad things get, The rest will work itself out naturaly,

Best wishes and Merry Christmas,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Thank you so much for bringing up that point. You are so right! I have enough to deal with and I shouldn't allow my self esteem issues get in the way of being happy. I do have enough to deal with at this present time and I do know in my heart that he will always be there for me. He has already shown that to me so I have no idea why I'm allowing the pain to control my thought process. I'm so sorry to hear about all of your issues. I will be praying for you. I understand about the pain shooting down the leg but mine was the right leg. I also have nerve damage as well but I take 1200mg neurontin 3x's daily and it seems to help the stings and the leg pain. I wish there was something that you could take that would help your situation. God bless you and vent to me anytime.
  • Be the best you, you can be.
    And know that this is why your man loves you!
    He doesn't want you to be something or someone else. He is in love with you.

Pain is a pain. I have good days and bad. I have similar feelings when I'm having my bad days and think, darn, if I were my hubby...I'd wish for more.

But then I realize...he has his days too and we both balance each other out.

Hope you find relief in your recent surgeries!
This discussion has been closed.