Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scoliosis and ifuse surgery

BeachgirlBBeachgirl Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
I have moderate lumbar scoliosis and a shorter leg. I am about eight months post op ifuse. I traveled for the surgery, but it appears some of the local docs here are nervous about si Fusion with scoliosis. I am having additional problems with facets that we think were there before but have gotten worse. Is this contraindicated for scoliosis ..are there any others out there that have had or are contemplating the surgery with scoliosis?

• schoolgirl39sschoolgirl39 Posts: 7
    edited 06/27/2012 - 4:38 PM
    Did the Ifuse surgery help you? I to have scoliosis, one leg shorter and have been suffering from debilitating SI pain for 5 months now. Have had 3 injection in SI joint, 1 time in piriformis muscle that also became injured and am tring physical therapy for the third time after having repeat setbacks in pain level. Have found a orthopedic doc who does surgery, but wants to try pt again and if that does not work RFA/burning nerves around SI joint and facet joints which I have arthritis and pain as well before thinking about surgery. I am soooo scared and desperate to find people who have had the new ifuse done to find out if their results were good or not. I am in constant pain and my life is turned up side down dealing with this. Please reply.
    elise janssen