Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Cervical Spine Results

neicyldwnneicyldw Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My MRI Impression says: I have a Broad-based posterior disk protrusion at T4-T5, resulting in mild spinal canal stenosis, without definite underlying cord signal adnormality identified. Limited evaluation of the thoracic cord signal due to significant CSF pulsation artifact. Mild multilevel foraminal narrowing. What does this mean and what treatment is recommended?

• Can I suggest that you post your question in the thoracic section, as your disc protrusion is at T4/T5 which is thoracic? You are more likely to get others with thoracic problems reading it in that area.

We are not allowed to diagnose other's MRI results.

What I would say though, is that 'mild' spinal canal stenosis, 'without' cord signal abnormality is better than moderate or severe stenosis with cord signal changes. I have the same diagnosis on my thoracic spine, a bit lower down. I have had this for over 2 years, and although I do get pain and symptoms, not all the time and I am managing to cope at the moment.

Only your surgeon can recommend treatment. They are the experts and they can visualise your MRI scan and examine you. Surgery on the thoracic spine is very difficult and avoided if at all possible.

I suggest that you search on this site and also possibly google; 'spinal stenosis' , 'cord signal changes/ abnormality' and 'foraminal narrowing' to try to understand your results.

Have you seen your doctor since you got the results? They should be able to explain them to you. If you research these terms, you will probably think of questions that you want to ask your doctor.

I hope this helps.