Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

husky voice post anesthetic

backache99backache99 Posts: 1,338
hi all
as many of you know i have now had the dreaded ALIF {never again} my question .have any of you still got your husky voice post extubation{where they take out the breathing pipework after the operation} my voice has changed and although my throat is NOT sore it is husky and my mouth drys up as i talk .anyone with a similar experience??
1997 laminectomy
2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014

• Sometimes it takes a few weeks for that irritation to resolve after being intubated, especially after a long procedure.

Cold fluids and throat lozenges are helpful, but for the most part it is just a function of time...it should get better.

Hope that helps, but call your doctor if it doesn't begin to get better in the next week or so....good luck!!