Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TLIF Pain after surgery

minihorsemminihorse Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had TLIF fusion In October of 2010. At my year check up in October 2011, neurosurgeron said that th x-ray and ct scan looked great and do as I want. I myself have sortof not over extented my back. My question: my lower left side from just above the butt (L45)+ down area hip, legs, knee to foot. It tingles, have pins and needles and at times if I step wrong feels like the rods/pins in my back sort of "lock-up" what could that be from. Should I go back to my GP, my NS or find an Ortopedic doc. now. I am taking 600 mg of ibuprofin 3x a day. It is helping but I am not so keen on what the stuff is doing to my stomach and liver. Any advise? :D Thanks Chris

• I myself had a TLIF @ l5-s1 1 year ago this month. All of my flex xrays and ct images also showed union and was told all is okay. I have been complaining of pain in similar areas as you and was referred back to PM and they found out I had SI Joint dysfunction on my L side and sacroillitis on my R side. I had this pain prior to surgery but the stress from the fused site has transferred all the stress to the SI Joints. This is common after a fusion. They can identify it as a pin source by doing diagnostic injections and seee if u get 75% or more pain relief doing what normally causes the pain. I got relief and then had steroid injections and only got Temorary relief. They did RFA on the lateral branch nerves and it helped a little and the pain then returned. I now either live with the pain or they will do the IFUSE fusion. I have chose to try the fusion in Feb. It is MIS and I will be non weight bearing for 12 weeks and then have PT. I know most of my pain is sitting, rolling over in bed and leg tingling and some numbness. Similar to yours. U may wanna get the SI Joint checked by a train PT ortho spine doc. Mine was messed up prior to the TLIF so it has only gotten worse. They say if u catch it early enough they can do Proloperathy and or PT and keep it from progressing. Hope u get relief and an answer. Best of luck!!
This discussion has been closed.