Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can anyone recommend exercises that don't worsen stenosis?

LA_runner_chickLLA_runner_chick Posts: 91
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:59 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Has anyone been able to keep up any sort of exercise with stenosis, and if so, what?
I have a pinched nerve at L5/S1. The thing that's both a blessing and a curse is that it doesn't present with any pain, just weakness. I've tried to find exercises to do that won't irritate or worsen it, but because I don't have any pain, I can't tell if until after it's too late.

I keep hearing that a stationary bike is good, but I'd like to find other aerobic/cardio things to do, as well.

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• I tried swimming and it made me worse, same with biking...i used to be into bodybuilding so i know where you're coming from but i havent found anything good yet either :/
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,059
    he/she will be the only one who can provide you with a safe and approved exercise program.

What you may hear from other members here will only be based on their own personal experiences and should never be taken for medical advice.

What may work for one person, can cause problems for another.

Let me put it this way, if you had a serious car problem with your new BMW, would you get advice from someone who works at Dunkin Donuts or would you listen to a trained mechanic from BMW?

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com