Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new med for me

R_MRR_M Posts: 30
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Lower Back Pain
Tramadol 100mg.....

Gotta say it doesn't make me sleepy and seems to work about as good as other pain killers (not too good) but it's at least something. I'm pretty sure I could take it at work without any issue. Just started it today. I don't post too much, as I don't want to clutter the boards with useless info. Thought this might be useful to some.

• I am glad it's helping you. 50mg tramadol was the first pain med my GP prescribed me. It made me sick to my stomach and gave me the worst headache of my life. I am not sure if it was because I wasn't used to narcotic like painkillers yet, or if I just have a bad reaction to the med. I won't be taking it again!!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I was on tramadol for a while before my neck surgery in combination with nerve pain meds. it helped me as well.I didn't have any reactions with it at all.
  • RM,
    I was told to change one thing at a time and if what I was doing already did not work, change it. We all differ so some meds work for some and not for others, some alternatives are possible and best discussed with your doctor where necessary.

Any change is not easy so well done. What you say is just as important and valid, all you said so far is informative and useful, so you are ahead of the game already ! we have some catching up to do !

Come on, take care and post more, pain makes us all equal.

• I agree with John! It isn't useless info, as it could help someone, even if it's only one person, it could change that one person's life. Post away! The only people who clutter up the forums are the spammers, and we are pretty quick to take care of them ;)
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I sincerely want to congratulate you on achieving some pain reduction with Tramadol. My surgeon had me taking that stuff right after my fusion (along with Vicodin) and it didn't work at all for me. Now, over six months post-op, my surgeon won't write a script for Vicodin. He wants me to take Tramadol exclusively.

There were times when I thought that the Vicodins weren't doing much for me. Now that I've been off of them for two weeks and taking Tramadol instead, I realize that Vicodin did work (somewhat) while the Tramadols don't do much of anything to help me.

Your story tells me that Tramadol does work; my story is that it doesn't work for everybody. I have to wait another two weeks to see my surgeon. Hopefully he'll understand that I need something stronger.
    Disability retirement
This discussion has been closed.