Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

one month post MIS TLIF of L5-S1

puppypalppuppypal Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone,
I have had back problems since 1998 and when I fell I ended up cracking both pars facet on L5 and it was a have to do surgery at that point...Been a spondy...grade 2 patient and had no disk left between the discs and I was bone on bone
With that said, I am getting really worried...
I understand a spinal fusion takes time and basically is very painful but the werid things lately that have been happening is worrying me (hope you all can help)
I have a major sting pain around the area and this is the worst part...
Lately I feel like I can not keep my body in general at a comfortable temp...One minute I will be so cold my teeth will chatter....and my feet feel like they are in a bucket of ice water and out of the blue I will feel like I am having a hot flash and I break out in a sweat, and my feet, are hot to the touch along with my body hubby says is super hot.... not much of a temp 101 max
This has only started since my fusion on December 16th...
I also have a HUGE I MEAN HUGE LUMP/KNOT on my back where they worked on me...I am super scared....
I have been a super good girl and followed doctors orders to a T, EVEN THE NIGHTMARE BACK BRACE! lol
I just wondered if this is a normal type process of healing? I appreaciate and thank anyone that reads this

• I'd call your surgeons office and tell them just that. You may have an infection at the surgery cut location. I never had bulging or heat flashes. The people I've seen post that do have some kind of infection.

The cuts for an MIS TLIF should be small and in a month should look nothing more than 1-2 inch red marks.