Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my dr will see me @ 7:30 tomorrow am

talattala Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Spinal Injections
I had my last ESI 12/22....last Wednesday I started getting NEW sharp pains. I have been home in bed everyday now for a week. I kept calling and emailing my pain management dr to get in before my 2/22 next injection. Thank goodness he will see me tomorrow morning at 7:30. Holy Cow! to call and beg and email and plead to be seen is just so frustrating.

I realise I may not be bleeding to death but I just wish there was more of a sense of urgentness. (oh by the way...I am fairly new to these back pain issues and I haven't learned paitence yet I guess)

I have issues with L5 S1 and more but that is the main source of pain (they think)

I'm not sure what will be done tomorrow because this is only my second time with this dr. I do really like and trust him....just getting a little scared. I had a lumbar puncture last year (with different dr) with epidural headache that needed repaired with blood patch.(which was THE WORST!).

If anyone is still reading....anything special I can do to prepare to make this ESI work? Drink more water? do stretching? I am going to read through some old posts but I just had to vent.

• Yes very often pain dr,s are so bussy it can be hard to get in to be seen. But usualy you can always talk to there staff nurse and they go talk to the dr and sometimes can call something in if patient pain is so out of control,

If injection was done not long ago they might not give another injection even if they see a person, Good luck, let us know how appointment went,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I got my injection! #2 from this new dr.
    He is so nice! Especially since they fit me into their schedule early this morning.

I got a transforaminal lubosacral epidural on the right. To help with my pain down my right hip, leg, calf and foot.

First, they gave me a Xanax because there is a shortage on some other med they give (demoral? - I don't know andd I wonder why a shortage?). Anyway, the xanax did NOTHING! Am I that ammune from using ativan that it did NOTHING? Anyway...When the shots went in I could REALLY FEEL IT...all they way down as it crept down my right leg.
    He said they gave me several does and should be feeling better soon.

Right after I was in somewhat more pain? Go figure? and then I had some numbness in my leg so they used a wheel chair to take me out (embarassing).

Now it is home in bed (my closest most familiar friend) with some ice and heat off and on.

Still a little tingeling in feet and overall soarness ache in hit but I will toss that off to the injection this morning and in hope that tonight the benefits will start to be reaped.

• ok, we are about 12 hrs post ESI. Currently I am right now amazed how much better my back/side/hip feels overall.

I do have soarness on my right hip around the boney area. Strange cause that isn't where it was injected but I'm sure that is where some of the pain meds went to. Also, when I sit up "cross legged" it hurts in my groin area. Must be cause I haven't stretched those muscles in awhile. I haven't been too vertical for much of the week.

I am been trying to stay resting and not overdue it...I don't want to mess this up. I have the ice on again (brrrrr...cold)

Hopeing to wake up in the morning to a few inches of snow and no pain....is that too much to ask for? Maybe but I can still hope :-)