Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new problem

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi again, wondering if anyone has experienced this. i had a c6/c7 fusion with cage. always had problems with pain and raising my arm even 18 months later, i had a scan yesterday jan 21st and she said she couldn't discus the results my consultant would have to, but it was a good job i had the scan, previously they thought i mite have scaring round the nerve, has anyone else had this, and if they did what was their follow up treatment. i know no one can give medical advise but i would be interested to here anyone else s experience.
thank-you for reading.
tina :)))

• plus im very scared because i was told i have cervical spinal stenosis and when i read a bout this condition on this sight it just feakes me out so much. :''(
  • I really can't help you because I've never had the problem you're experiencing, but I wanted to say try not to be too stressed out over cervical stenosis. Stenosis is painful, but it's very treatable. Were you told you have stenosis now, after surgery, or before the surgery? Or is that a stupid question (it's early in the morning :-) )?

Take care and keep us posted.
  • hi cathie, i was told after i had the surgery which would of been about a year ago, when it wasnt fusing.
  • When will you be told the official results of yesterdays MRI?
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • hi msHumptyDumpty. i got my scan results back, apparently i should of had 2 fusions instead of just the one at level c5/c6. so they will be doing c4/c5 the osteoarthritis is causing all the left side of my cervical spine to degenerate and go lumpy my physio said. not sure what that means, which is causing problems with the nerve route? they are going to do a nerve test in 4 to 6 weeks and give the results back to the consultant so he can decide what to do, but i dont know how they are going to help me. and im scared because the strength in my hands is weakening quite rapidly, plus they dont seem to be too bothered that i cant raise my right arm out to the side above 90 degrees. can any one share their experience of 2 level fusions at c4/c5/andc5/c6.
    Tina :)))
  • OH I am so sorry you got bad news :hug:

Won't the additional surgery help with your arm range issue?

I hear you about them not being in a hurry. To us its like OK let's do this - to them we are one of hundreds (or more) ahead of us :(

If I were you I would start a new thread with a subject line about your questions regarding a 2 level fusions at c4/c5/andc5/c6. I bet you will get several neck people to help you through this :)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.