Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who do you want to thank?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:59 AM in Matters of the Heart
As we go through various stages of spinal problems, we need different types of support. Some being physical, some being emotional, some being both.

There is always that one person who is your pillar of strength! The person that helps you, gives you the power and will to move forward.

Who is that person?

Is your spouse? A sibling? A child? A friend?

We all have one, and the lucky ones have more than one

I for one would never be where I am today. I wouldn't be able to do half the things I am doing without the constant help from my wife. Without her I would be lost.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Hi Ron :wave: Not to be dramatic but I have shared this quite a lot here and it is so true.

I thank the SH members! I am totally alone in this journey. I have no one in the "real world" to help me or support me.

When I joined SH I was giving the thought of dieing serious consideration. My pain levels where unbearable. I would lay in bed and scream and cry "why do I keep living" - living like this is not living". I was in a really bad place.

I had joined a few other sites before I found this one but no one there took a personal interest in me. One day I thought Ok I will give this online support thing ONE more try and here I am :)

Here there were several who sent me their private email address and even a few sent me their phone numbers (I never called though).
    I won't list the names as I may by error leave someone out.

But I finally had support! :D I was able to talk about being alone in the real world and people here responded.

I learned to stand up for myself with my husband as well as with my Drs. My pain is now under control for the most part. My marriage is not perfect but I no longer do tasks that I know will hurt me.
    I have finally accepted my new normal :D

I have so much more knowledge about my injuries and such then I did before coming here.

I stand up for myself in a lot of areas of my life now.

I have moved forward and am in training for a new carer.

I have lost weight.

I am a much better & healthier inside and out because of SH members. :hug:

PS: I don't get here as often as I would like, but I do try to "return the favor" the best I can.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I have no one that supports me. All I ever got was "I'm sick of the crying". IMO no one can really know how you feel unless they've been through it themselves, If a person can not handle being around sick people don't expect sympathy from them.