Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CT Lumbar Spine Results???

BerryGirlBBerryGirl Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:59 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hello,
I'm acutally trying to do some research for my husband.

After months of severe back pain, he finally had an MRI and CT. Here are the results of the CT:

1. Grade 1 anterolisthesis pf L5 on S1 is noted with bilateral facet joint change. There appear to be bilateral L5 pars interacticularis defects. Bilateral moderate L5-S1 neural forminal narrowing is seen. No significant central canal stenosis is noted.

2. L3-4 and L4-5 show presence of disc bulges with bilateral facet joint change without significant degrees of central canal or neural forminal narrowing.

3. There is presence of Schmorl's node seen along the superior endplate of L1, L3 and L4.

4. There is question of possible mild generalized osteopenia which may be correlated with alternate imagining modalities if clinically indicated. Somewhat unusual for patient's given chronological age.

This is a lot of information and after doing a lot of reading, I'm feeling very overwhelmed. We briefly met with a neurosurgeon who said that he has pars defect and will need surgery but after reading the above results, I am trying to find out exactly what is going on.

An appointment with a second neurosurgeon is still a week or so out, and I would like to be as prepared with questions/information as I can possibly be.

My husband has already been told that surgery is suggested instead of having the epidural. My husband has a cardiac history (a couple of heart attacks and 7 stents) and he is currently taking blood-thinning meds which complicate things.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!

advertisement